Skip to main content

Frosty morn

Rose Orchard Haus Garden
Our Kandos garden presents a very different winter perspective. There are no evergreen trees to provide winter colour or to shield the ground from frost. This was yesterday's big white out.

The old chook pen down the back is currently undergoing transformation into my writing studio.  The big walnut tree creates a lovely shade when in summer leaf and delicious nuts in Autumn though they are a devil to crack open.

A poem for today
The Black Walnut Tree by Mary Oliver

Comments

  1. I like that poem. Like the shame of the emptiness.

    I would love to have chooks, but know I do not have the strength to clean the pen, or the presence of mind not to step in IT.

    I missed all the Kandos decision-making. Why Kandos?

    And how come three gardens, but only two houses.

    Think I know that last answer ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Three gardens because we still have our block with shed at Clandulla. After camping out there over several years we knew we loved the district. It was more practical to live in a town with its facilities rather than buiding on the block. Hence Kandos which is just up the road. The shed at Clandulla is going to become our library once we finalise the move from the mountains. The move from the mountains because we need to downsize from our large home and the mountains are becoming increasingly suburban. We prefer a smaller community.

      Delete
  2. What will you be wrting .. other than your blog?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At the moment I am waiting on my muse to tell me. All I know is I will write because writing makes me happy - and I have given up work for a year on two previous occasions and wrote my way through both of them.

      Delete

Post a Comment