Skip to main content

Extravagance

Bird House Wall, by Ludwina Roebuck, 2016 

Extravagant use of colour in this whimsical mural seen in Lithgow.

I have learnt that as a retiree I can afford to be a little more extravagant - with time.

Jumping on a train for the pure fun of doing and seeing things is something in the past I reserved for summer holidays. While we were in Sydney last week we also caught buses and trains to visit a lady from our Kandos church who is in hospital a long way from her friends at home.  In the old days the time and logistics would have been too much trouble.  

OK it uses up time but whatever we were going to do with it can usually move out to another day because there are no pressing deadlines (like there were in business).  I love it.

Comments

  1. I´m sooo looking forward to this also!
    Atm I am signed sick and really... you can get used to having free time on your hands!
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Free time certainly took no time to get used to.

      Delete
  2. Retirement is a wonderful stage in life, especially when you are newly retired. As you get older, things become more difficult and the inclination to do things in a spontaneous fashion is limited, generally because of physical ailments and medical problems.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately medical appointments are already part of our reality. The three trips to Sydney last week were medical visits. But nonetheless we will enjoy hard while our ailments are still not too intrusive.

      Delete
  3. Yes, this 'time' we'eve earnt is wonderful but there still doesn't seem to be enough for all I won't to do each week.
    I just love this colourful wall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe the trick is to not put a time limit on what needs to be done when also to decide some things don’t need doing at all. My hubby has been doing this for years and it drove me mad now I am beginning to understand.

      Delete
  4. Love the colourful wall Joan Elizabeth. It really is nice to be able to do what you want, when you want ✨

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your retirement, Joan. On the other hand, I'm loving all this art in small towns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am keen to check out the silo art. What I have seen is awesome.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful... I love the birdhouse wall.
    Agreed, at this stage of life time is ours to spend as we will - it's fun... keep enjoying !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure planning on enjoying. Still getting the pace of it.

      Delete
  7. Great birdhouse wall!
    I SO love life without deadlines! And alarm clocks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haven’t quite managed to ditch the alarm clock. Sometimes there are early medical appointments in the city and we live a couple of hours away by train. But for the most part wake when I feel like it, nearly missed church on Sunday.

      Delete

Post a Comment