Skip to main content

Review

 I hope you all are having a lovely Christmas season.  In the time between Christmas and New Year I usually spend some time reflecting on the year that was and my plans for the year to come - not that planning is ever a perfect science because we never really know what is around the corner.


In comparison to this time last year it is lovely to see green grass, blue skies with lots of clouds, our trees laden with fruit and some limited success in our vege garden.

In this strange year I achieved many things around the house from restoring furniture to renovating.

I read several good books but I also wasted much too much time on my screens. It all started with checking "Fires Near Me". This was too quickly followed by the virus which had me addicted to the horrible soap opera - checking the numbers, learning the rules and the suspense of the border wars. I was lured into binge watching TV series. And social media grabbed its chunk too.

I knew for sure something had to change last night when I was reading a book (a physical book not an ebook) and found myself trying to scroll the page!

So my friends I am going to go quiet for a while (maybe long, maybe short) while I spend less time on screens and discover new and exciting things to do with my time.

Wishing you a wonderful New Year where I hope at least some of your plans come to good fruit.

Comments

  1. Hope you have a good break, Joan. We had a digital detox break of 2 weeks before Christmas and it was wonderful. Hear from you in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you well for the New Year Joan. It will certainly be different for us as we prepare for a move into Retirement living. I feel I have spent too much time on social media this year and it is time to make some changes in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I once wanted to adjust the monitor and touched the screen... D'oh!
    Happy New Year and Break!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment