Skip to main content

Old Stuff 25


When I retired I promised myself that I would not start new projects before doing something about the ones that have been languishing for years -- either finish them or dispose of them.  During the annual spring clean I tidied up my sewing box and found this piece almost finished. Looking at the style I would say this one has been sitting around since the 1970s.  None to worry, retro is all the rage now.

Now it's finished what can I do with it?  Perhaps mount it and put if up in my writing studio.


Comments

  1. I did the same when I retired and found some old embroidery "fancy work" and finished them, even doing the crochet edging around the doilies. I didn't know how to crochet, but taught myself by watching a you tube video. I even bought some new doilies to embroider and finished them also. Like you, I don't know what to do with them and they are now just taking up space in my linen cupboard. However, I did feel a sense of pride in knowing that I had finished them all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The feeling of pride is nice. I also really enjoyed doing the embroidery and would like to do more but not do stuff that has no useful purpose. I will have to think on that. I have a doily part done in the old forgotten projects pile and will have resurrect long lost crotchet skills if I am to complete it.

      Delete
  2. Oh, it´s beautiful, I love 70´s style!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny how 70s are now popular again. For years I used to cringe at 70s style. Since we were married in the 70s quite a lot of our wedding gifts were 70s style.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I think I have already decided now I have to get around to pressing and mounting it.

      Delete
  4. It's probably a win-win wherever it ends up. It looks like a nice retro piece.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful, Joan. Mounted and hanging in your writing studio would be the perfect place for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Must get into it. The furnishings for my studio are due to be moved from the mountains in the next couple of months.

      Delete

Post a Comment