Skip to main content

Soup to two


Home made potato and leek soup with sourdough bagettes from the Black Cockatoo Bakery which we are very fortunate to have in Lawson.

It's perfect reading weather at the moment.

A book I have been reading
Barracuda by Christos Tsiokas.  I wanted to read a book by this author after watching The Slap on TV.  I found him to be a wonderful writer and this is a very good read if you can get over the crude language. (This one would never have made it past the censors in 1970s Queensland).



Comments

  1. I watched the 4 part TV series of Barracuda on the ABC. I thought it was very good. Like you I think Christos Tsiokas is a wonderful writer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started watching the TV series but it made me cringe for some reason so I decided I would read the book and see if I liked it better. I am glad I did.

      Delete
  2. I just love the name Black Cockatoo Bakery. Enjoy your reading.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment