Skip to main content

Animal Farm

Near Ilford
We drove over to Bathurst on the weekend. What an amazing difference a couple of days of rain made!   The hills were now covered with a sheen of green.  Hand feeding the animals will have to continue but it's a great start.

A book I have read recently
We caught the train to the city yesterday and while I am still reading the Helen Garner book I mentioned last week it's rather big to lug around so I decided to choose a short  classic to download to my phone.  At my husband's suggestion I read Animal Farm by George Orwall.  I saw a documentary on North Korea last week, a lot of parallels there.



Comments

  1. Perfect caption for your photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a happy coincidence the image I had planned to use and the book I had read. Didn’t strike me until I was preparing the post.

      Delete
  2. What a pretty setting! We've had just enough rain after summer to have a green hue, too. First we've seen that for a while and isn't it nice to see?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it Is a very scenic part of the country so I enjoy this drive a lot. I am glad you are getting rain too. A summer without enough rain leaves things much too crisp.

      Delete

Post a Comment