Skip to main content

#blessed


Dutch Iris
My sister told me that people put #blessed on just about anything on instagram.  I just checked and they sure do, 100 million posts and still counting.

I am reading Tess of the d'Urbevilles at the moment and noticed this paragraph "The irresistible, universal, automatic tendency to find sweet pleasure somewhere, which pervades all life, from the meanest to the highest, had at length mastered Tess."  Looks like people have been feeling #blessed since at least 1890s.

Either way I feel blessed today because spring is springing along wonderfully at Rose Orchard Haus.  I might have been bewailing the lack of daffodils this year but there is plenty else to please. Here's what's happening in the garden.


Apple Blossom, which is just coming out

Freeias everywhere, what a divine fragrance

Hyacinth, wonderful fragrance here too.  Also bluebells coming out.

The small pear tree is in full blossom, the other is beginning to flower now too.

Pear blossom

Spraxias seem to have liked the dry, many more of these this year

Tiny tulips which didn't flower last year 

Walnut catkins before the big tree bursts into leaf

And roses are all now in leaf and pushing up buds, so I'm anticipating a great display in a few weeks time.




Comments

  1. As the seasons wind down up here in the northern half of the world, it's wonderful to see all the pretty blooms happening down there.
    Thanks for visiting my site yesterday. It's good to hear that someone else loves those pretty kaleidoscopes too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Equally I am enjoying the fall images from your part of the world.

      Delete
  2. I love seeing what your garden is doing. Are your Dutch iris blooming now? Mine, which look like yours, don't bloom until summer, long after my daffodils. Same with our wild roses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the Dutch Iris are blooming now -- the usual time of year here. I used to have them in my Mountain garden and I think they might have flowered even earlier than this. I expect most of the roses to be in flower in two weeks time. There are some that will follow a couple of weeks later.

      We don't get any snow, perhaps that makes things happen earlier.

      Delete
  3. Lovely flowers! I suspect the blessed hashtag is part of the trend to saying positive things and expressing gratitude.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree regarding the hashtag. However, I was amused to see quite a lot of the shots are selfies.

      Delete

Post a Comment