Skip to main content

Wanderlust


These are details of the recently restored stone carvings on the walls in the food court at Central Station.  Looking at them makes me nostalgic to get into the van and go "sweet wayfaring".  They depict wheat silos, the central feature of so many towns west of the Great Divide, and the wonderful iron bridges so frequently crossing rivers out west.

The highway has been full of caravans lately, I guess because of school holidays and southerners returning home from their great migration north for the winter.


Unfortunately I didn’t get my act together this week to participate in CDP theme day.

Comments

  1. It´s always funny for me to run into German words like Wanderlust, Gesundheit, Kindergarten, Doppelgänger...
    But I agree... nothing better than hopping in a car/van or such and travel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been told that there are a lot of similarities between German and English. I don’t know because I studied French rather than German.

      Delete
  2. The stone carved details are incroyable Joan Elizabeth! Do you have any of the painted silos near you, we have a few over here in the West. Check out 'the Aussie Silo Trail' .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have only seen a couple of painted silos. I hope to see many more as we go sweet warfarin.

      Delete

Post a Comment