Skip to main content

I've been everywhere


Last week was an I've been everywhere week for us - Kandos, Rylstone, Mudgee, Lawson, Penrith, Bathurst-Orange and Sydney CBD.

We call the drive from Kandos to Mudgee via Rylstone the "scenic route".  There is so much to enjoy, from the rolling countryside, to mountain scenery, to Lake Windemere, to the vineyards and olive groves just to name a few of the delights.  One of the sights I always enjoy is this building which I assume to have been shearers quarters - I am not sure of their current purpose now they have been freshened up with bright coloured doors.

A poem for today
The lyrics for I've Been Everywhere song.  I didn't realise until doing this post that the original Aussie song has been adapted to numerous other countries.

Comments

  1. I love the backdrop of the Blue Mountains in your picture. The building certainly looks interesting with its' many coloured doors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah the mountains, I love them. Out in the tablelands you can appreciate them more so than living within them.

      Delete
  2. Oh, I have sweet memories of Oodnadatta! I filled up our car and was asked if I can deliver some batteries to Alison´s Homestead. And there I "had to" play with her dog in 40C+! That was 1999.
    And in 1995 we shortly lived in Woolloomooloo selling our car.
    Thank you for bringing back those memories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow. You have seen more of Australia than I have.

      Delete
  3. Gosh you certainly have been around and about Joan Elizabeth, you get weeks like that and others where you don't venture out much at all. Spectacular backdrop in this shot, would love to know what this building is used for, looks like it has been 'done up' a bit ✨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They remind me of those colourful bathing pavilions. Not much bathing here though unless you swim in the dam.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. You see this view as the car comes over a rise. I anticipate and love it every time.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful countryside. You sure 'have been everywhere mate', this week. I'm glad you added the comment re this song being edited for other countries. I'll have to do a google.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I googled the lyrics I found a song talking about Chicago, New York etc and I thought oh my this was probably originally an American song. But after I googled a bit more I found it originated in Australia with Aussie towns.

      Delete
  6. What a beautiful scene, and the colored doors and tree in front make it all come together.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment