Skip to main content

The wait is over


After a month of sitting tantalisingly under the Christmas tree we got to open our presents on Christmas day - books we bought weeks earlier. 

Among them was one titled 1000 Books to Read Before You Die: A Life Changing List.  I think it will be helpful to guide my reading.  I have currently read only 71 of them (a mere 7%). If I read one per week I can't die until my mid 80s.

Another book Poetry Please, is a nice thick anthology of the most requested poems from the BBC radio programme Poetry Please.  This year I am returning to a habit I have followed in other years - a poem a day from my selected anthology.  In the past I have worked my way through A Book of Luminous Things: An International Anthology of Poetry; Stressed Unstressed: Classic Poems to Ease the Mind; Poetry by Heart: A Treasury of Poems to Read Aloud; and others. It's a delightful thing to do, the challenge is to stop myself devouring more than one poem a day.

A book I have read recently
I finished Catch 22 after all.  A worthwhile read.  I enjoyed it.




Comments

  1. You made me laugh - books prevent dying - I´m off to the book store!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. One of the best things I have discovered so far in my retirement.

      Delete
  3. lol, I love your book/longevity reasoning - works for me too!
    Happy New Year xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment