Skip to main content

Old Stuff 37


Lawson originally started on the other side of the railway line to where most of the shops are today.  These old shops are now Lyttleton Stores the home for organic home grown food and artisan made craft.

Nearby is the recently opened Sustain Cafe.  I must confess to not rushing to visit here because I feared the menu would be all quinoa and lentils.  However on this day I popped in and found a lovely welcoming space, a varied menu and lots of environmentally friendly products for sale.

Comments

  1. What lovely old buildings. I just love looking at them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lawson lost most of its heritage shops (on the other side of the railway line) during the highway widening so it is great these are still intact.

      Delete
  2. You can never judge a book by its cover. Love the old stores building.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have restored it nicely in tune with its original look.

      Delete
  3. Well there was quinoa on the menu Joan Elizabeth, I checked 😊 but there was also a cheese and bacon toastie, and I bet at a push they could make poached eggs on toast, my favourite 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am most likely to run with the toastie if I ever eat there. They had a ploughmans lunch which would please my husband.

      Delete
  4. What a lovely, well cared for building. So glad you went and came away feeling positive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice old buildings. I'd check out Sustain just because it looks so homey. Glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sustain was originally a home but over time has had a commercial kitchen added and lots of the internal walls removed so it only really works well as a shop these days.

      Delete
  6. Nice to see the character filled buildings still in use today

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These buildings have had quite a lot of different shops/cafes in the 25 years we have been in Lawson. I think this current version is the most successful since what was there 25 years ago which was also good.

      Delete

Post a Comment