Skip to main content

A milestone - and slowing down to write


Today I have been retired for one year.  I have had no time to miss work being busy setting up our new home and downsizing stuff from the old one.   I have also had no time for writing but all excuses are over, the conversion of the old chook pen (chicken coop) to my writing studio has recently been completed and is now known as The Pen.

Given that I want to spend more time with my pen I will be reducing my blogging so expect to hear from me more sporadically in future.  I will probably be back with a few shots from our Sweet Wayfaring travels as our van is fixed and we have managed to find a short slot between medical appointments.

A few more "after" photos below ... some "before" photos here and here.  I missed photographing its original state.




Reflection:
Psalm 45:1 New International Version (NIV)
"My heart is stirred by a noble theme
 as I recite my verses for the king;
 my tongue is the pen of a skillful writer.

Comments

  1. Your new writing studio looks very good. I would feel inspired to write in such a space. I like the name The Pen - very apt. Hope you do some good writing there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds awesome. If I could retire right now.... Oh...
    I have my Mum´s Montblanc, it´s the very best tool I´ve ever had. And every time I use it I think of her too...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a Montblanc pen too. I love to write with pen and ink because the pen glides so smoothly across the page. Black ink and a sheet of white paper ... bliss.

      Delete
  3. Well done, your studio is charming and I love the name too!
    I've looked at the 'before' photos and really admire the conversion.
    You will produce great things I'm sure, plus its going to be a lovely relaxing space.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only I had a "before" photo with the roosts, nesting boxes and feed trays you would be even more impressed.

      Delete
  4. What a nice space and soothing color. (Is that your desk in the corner? Such a a compact space!) I have a craft room which I share weekly with a handful of friends. It's been christened the "Hen House."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that is my desk in the corner. It is compact but I don't need much. There is no power down there so I can't have cluttery things like desktop computer screens or printers just my little Macbook Pro which I take down there all charged up. Truth is I will probably spend most of my time in the more relaxed office chair with my feet up. I did consider calling it the "Hen House" or "She Shed" but "The Pen" seemed to fit best.

      Delete
  5. Lovely place to create there, Joan. Hope the creative juices will flow there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have done a great job on The Pen. I hope you spend many happy hours there creating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I am pretty pleased with the job I did too.

      Delete
  7. It looks like a good space to work in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have been away Sweet Wayfaring but will be trying it out soon.

      Delete
  8. A beautiful room to be creative in. Happy writing and travels when you manage them. It has been wonderful to read and see your part of the world, so often to date.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment