Skip to main content

Still home - Building in the city


I had expected to be off Sweet Wayfaring on our annual winter escape but it isn't to be yet. Our caravan was damaged and is still in the workshop for repair and my husband's eye is playing up again requiring doctor's visits in the city.

So it was one day recently I found myself resting on a bench outside the Law Courts and noticed this mural.



Reflection:
Genesis 11:4-9 New International Version (NIV)
Then they said, “Come, let us build ourselves a city, with a tower that reaches to the heavens, so that we may make a name for ourselves; otherwise we will be scattered over the face of the whole earth.”

But the Lord came down to see the city and the tower the people were building. The Lord said, “If as one people speaking the same language they have begun to do this, then nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them. Come, let us go down and confuse their language so they will not understand each other.”

So the Lord scattered them from there over all the earth, and they stopped building the city. That is why it was called Babel—because there the Lord confused the language of the whole world. From there the Lord scattered them over the face of the whole earth.

Comments

  1. Quite colourful. I hope things turn around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Colourful enough. I am still trying to decide whether I like the style of it though.

      Delete
  2. A most imaginative mural. Hoping all becomes good again and you can both leave for your trip soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been trying to figure out what the images represent.

      Delete
  3. Hope those problems are solved soon! Nice mural.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess things will sort themselves out soon enough if not we will have a holiday at home! These days I know we have to be flexible.

      Delete
  4. Sometimes we spot a mural when we least expect to Joan Elizabeth. Hope your husband's eye problem isn't too serious ✨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The eye is quite a serious problem but he has already been battling it for years so business as usual - one step forward, one step back.

      Delete
  5. We have the One Coat Festival here and lots of murals are painted on buildings. Some are very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear your plans aren't panning out. I hope you husband's eye can be well taken care of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh well, we will wait for another time to do our planned trip - we have learnt not to be get too hung up over plans. Fortunately his eye is in good hands.

      Delete
  7. I know what eye problems are like! I suffer continually from an eye, damaged as a result of shingles in the eye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shingles are horrible I have had those but fortunately nothing with long term consequences. The only eye problems I've had are cataracts which were easily fixed.

      Delete

Post a Comment