Skip to main content

It's the little things

I have read newspaper articles where people say Coronavirus restrictions slowed down their busy lives and now they are enjoying the little things more.  In my case I think it was photography that helped me to notice the little things. Here are some of the little things that caught my attention this week.  


The serendipity of this sign at Wentworth Falls after I had already decided today's topic. 


A newborn foal next door at Whistlers Rest 

The cherries beginning to grow at Rose Orchard Haus.

A blue tongued lizard sunning at Burnbrae garden.

The floral carpet below the snowball bushes at Burnbrae.


The clean swept paths at Burnbrae.
This is also for Shirley who wanted to see my rhododendron in flower.

I hope you also found lots of little things to delight you this week.

Comments

  1. Beautiful little things indeed! I always try to see them, also pre-Corona, but you are right most people needed to be slowed down through this to appreciate what they have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of us were lucky enough to be in the slow lane already.

      Delete
  2. Hopefully many people will be appreciating the simpler things in their lives πŸ’™ Your gardens both are a treat to see Joan Elizabeth, you can see how much love goes into them 🌸🌹

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh but I wish I could have the love with less toil.

      Delete
  3. So many little things surround us to lift ones spirits, if only we would slow down to find them. For me today, it was a family of tiny ducklings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really lovely to see your pretty garden Joan. Your Rhododendron is lovely. Its always a treat when resident lizards emerge once more.
    Definitely the little things in life that keep us happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lizards sure are active now the weather is warmer

      Delete
  5. I saw a blue tongue lizard this morning and nearly had a fit as I thought it was a snake at first πŸ™„ I keep saying I must learn how to use my camera better but never do and just use my phone. So lazy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I jumped when I saw this guy. Phone cameras are very good these days so not really lazy to use them any more.

      Delete
  6. Thank you for showing your Rhododendron bush. It is beautiful and also very tall. My Rhododendron has now finished. I was so glad to get home this week after 5 days in hospital. I can't walk around the garden yet, still on crutches but it is lovely to see it from my window. I was amazed to see all the roses blooming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the rhodendron is very tall. I had a bit of a problem getting a photo that showed the scale. My roses at Kandos are in full flower now too. All the best with your recovery.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. You had me wondering for a while until I figured goal was meant to be foalπŸ˜„

      Delete

Post a Comment