Skip to main content

Christmas decorations

At Christmas there is never a more perfect time for a home to have a fireplace, a place to hang the Christmas stockings.

I keep things simple with my decorations, however Rose Orchard Haus has unusual niches in some of its walls.   At Christmas time I change things around a little and give the objects on display a Christmas theme.

A little Christmas bird seems to have snuck into this one.


And nature is not to be outdone in joining the fun.  At Whistlers Rest, our bush block, I thought I had seen every plant and flower there was until I saw this among the cypresses this week.  It's as if it has grown its own Christmas baubles.


And at Burnbrae Garden the dogwood has its Christmas stars in flower.


Have you put up Christmas decorations in your home? Does your garden have any special Christmas plants?



Comments

  1. That´s a very sexy "deer, dear"!
    Our Christmas items are up all year - they have to "live" somewhere and be greeted, huh? It´´s just minor and as we have no kids, and the Nieces cannot come over...
    What kind of a Christmas will it be here. (But we are ALL healthy!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard of people who leave Christmas decorations up all year. But that must surely take the fun out of making things different for December. Glad you are all healthy.

      Delete
  2. I threw all my Christmas decorations out and now I have discovered that my whole family is coming to our place on Christmas Day for Christmas Lunch. Oh dear, I will have to buy some more decorations! One last Christmas in our home before we move into a Retirement Villa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not yet Joan Elizabeth, but will have to get a move on, the family from Sydney arrive on Thursday this week, will have to get a tree up for the grandchildren , will definitely be understated this year though ✨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you are able to have the family visit. Yep you had better get a wriggle on and get that tree up.

      Delete
  4. They are simple and beautiful decorations

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful decorations. I have put up our tree with ornaments from many of the countries I have visited over the years, and it brings back so many great memories of places we may never get to visit again. I love Christmas with all the lights in the windowos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is an interesting way to collect travel memories.

      Delete
  6. No Christmas decorations up here this year. No family will be here. Love yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very rare for us to have guests for Christmas but I think it is lovely to make Christmas special just for the two of us

      Delete
  7. The Cypress baubles are delightful.
    It's hard to arrange our Christmas decorations and tree with our family so far away, but once done, it does lift my spirits. My scarecrows have reappeared in in Christmas gear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it sometimes does seem like a bit of fuss but as you say so cheery when it’s done. The scarecrows will make many people happy.

      Delete
  8. Simple, but nice Christmas decorations. The only thing I brought from the garage this year was the Christmas tree, and 2 or 3 ornaments that I spread around the lounge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some years are like that ... just a few things works best.

      Delete

Post a Comment