Skip to main content

A surprise


Our first year at home in Kandos there were daffodils in the garden.  Then the drought came and there have been almost no blooms for the next three years, just leaves.  So you can imagine my surprise and delight to find a host of golden daffodils appear this year.  Two years ago tulips flowered in this garden bed but it isn't looking hopeful for any this year.  Gardens are mostly a mystery to me, so always a bit of a surprise.

With spring around the corner the world always looks brighter so I will hang in with the blog a while longer. Thanks for your encouragement to continue.

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Even more came out after this photo. I am so pleased.

      Delete
  2. Daffodils are quite amazing. How they manage to burst through well trodden lawns, always stuns me. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like them when they are naturalised like you see in England. In my case, any that turn up in the lawn get mowed over so don't get to live on that way.

      Delete
  3. What a delightful surprise for you. The daffodil bulbs we planted last year in our new garden multiplied and bloomed again this year and gave us much joy. Do continue with your blog. I always enjoy reading your posts and especially as you, like me, were once a Mountains dweller and now have a home in the Penrith area. I miss my Mountains garden and struggle to adapt to a much smaller patch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You seem to have crammed in a lot into your small patch.

      Delete

Post a Comment