Skip to main content

Riding High


This weekend we went on another little adventure.  This time to Coonabarabran via train and bus.  It was a lovely experience.    What I like about trains and buses is that you ride high with big windows to look out on the countryside.  It might be countryside that is familiar (as this location is to us) but is so different from driving -- especially as I am doing all the driving at the moment so have to concentrate on the road rather than the scenery.  I am already working on where we will go next.

The willy wagtails, which are frequenting our garden at the moment, also like to perch on high spots.  

Do you go on train/bus excursions?

Comments

  1. It's been a long time since I've been on a train.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are some wonderful train trips in Canada that I would love to do.

      Delete
  2. I love rail journies! On the weekend I joined fellow excited train riders on a Kyogle to the Border Loop Rail Motor excursion. It was simly perfect and has me planning a rail journey Brisbane to Sydney in daylight! Your visit to Coonabarabran sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That does sound like a heap of fun. We are hoping to do the Brisbane-Sydney trip in daylight (and back) one day. But the early morning starts are putting my hubby off.

      Delete
  3. We haven't been on a train since Covid, but prior to that we we had lots of train adventures. I have only passed through Coonabarabran on my way to somewhere else. It is lovely to be on a train and watch the changing scenery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems we are catching up to you with train adventures.

      Delete

Post a Comment