Skip to main content

Sydney Modern

 


Last weekend we visited the new Sydney Modern art gallery which effectively doubles the size of the Art Gallery of NSW.  The first things encountered are these giant figures at the entry to the building.

I found the new gallery interesting and architecturally lovely as well.  We also took a quick walk around the original art gallery which seems to be benefiting from having more breathing space for the older works.

We decided we need to visit more often so will be going back again soon.

Do you visit art galleries? As a frequent or sporadic visitor? 



Comments

  1. Replies
    1. You go to so many museums, I am not surprised that art galleries as included too.

      Delete
  2. Brisbane's Goma is visited regularly and Margaret Olley at Tweed Regional Gallery is a big favourite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are two galleries I have not visited and on my bucket list.

      Delete
  3. I love visiting Art Galleries. Have you been to the Penrith Regional Gallery at Emu Plains? They have regular exhibitions. There is also a nice cafe attached to it. The Sydney Modern looks really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been to the Penrith Gallery but it was quite a while ago, should go back soon. I enjoyed the cafe when we were there.

      Delete
  4. There are quite a few nice galleries around Sydney. The modern wing is a breath of fresh air. The regional museums are great as well. Mudgee and Bathurst museums are great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been to the Bathurst one a few years ago, should try it again. Mudgee is quite new and a lovely space. I have to go and pick up the current exhibition before it ends in mid March.

      Delete

Post a Comment