Skip to main content

WFH


 

We recently took a short jaunt to Barangaroo.  We caught the ferry as I wanted to see the fancy new buildings on the waterfront.  I was reminded that some years ago I rented a flat overlooking this area that is now so extensively built.

The reason I rented the flat was because I was living in the mountains and the daily commute to the city got me down so I rented for a few months to catch my breath.  As a result I fully understand the preference people have for Working from Home and how hard they are resisting returning to the office.

At the time I was commuting 5+ hours each day.  What is the longest daily commute you have had to endure?

Comments

  1. The time that I commuted from the central coast to the CBD for 2 weeks (about 4 hours a day) That really did me in, especially when delays pushed the commute to 6 hours a day. Luckily it's never been a long term arrangement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Long commutes are horrible. The maximum I could ever manage was 12 months then I started looking for alternatives.

      Delete
  2. The longest commute I had was about 40 minutes to and from so compaired to other cities it was not too bad. After 10 years of driving to and from work I did get tired of the commute and during that time the commnute got to almost 60 minutes each way, then I decided it was time to retire!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As you say, 40 minutes is not bad. For one job I drove 100kms each way to work and spent that long on the last 15 kms, in bumper to bumper traffic. Fortunately I enjoyed the job.

      Delete
  3. For a short time, after I moved to the Blue Mountains, I commuted from my home in Winmalee to my office in the Sydney CBD at Wynyard which was about a total of 3 hours daily. I was glad to retire after three months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Retirement is the answer to commuting problems. Isn't it wonderful. For the last 5 years or so of my employment I did manage to mostly WFH which was great. And it was pre-Zoom so I didn't even have to dress up for meetings.

      Delete
  4. Forty minute walks these days for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that is interesting William and incredibly healthy.

      Delete
  5. Thankfully, I have never had to travel far to work. I feel for the daily commuters on our clogged freeways.
    Barangaroo - something new learnt this morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel for the commuters too. Driving is the worst because you can't even relax, read or work on the way.

      Delete

Post a Comment