Skip to main content

Blowing smoke

 


After our warm holiday in Brisbane I was a little afraid of returning to Kandos on the weekend. On the way in Lithgow on Friday night it was cold enough for my breath to 'blow smoke'.  But we were surprised and delighted to find the Picnic Train at the station blowing much more smoke than us.

Nonetheless there are compensations for living in a cold climate.  When we arrived home we were welcomed by daffodils in flower all over the garden.  Spring is nearly here.  

Comments

  1. What a lovely welcome home. Daffodils always make me smile and I know the warmer weather is on the way. When we moved house I brought my daffodils with me but only one flowered this year, so hopefully they settle in and flower next year. Thanks for your comment on my post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope the daffodils do better next year. I find they can be a bit temperamental whereas jonquils are always reliable.

      Delete
  2. How wonderful to be greeted by garden of daffodils. I have just planted [no doubt foolishly] several Lily of the Valley bulbs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mum loved Lily of the Valley so I have tried them a few times without success. I hope you have better luck than me.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. A steam engine is always a delight to me and many others.

      Delete
  4. Our daffodils are nearly finished. They were not so good this year as last year. I heard the steam train as it went through Penrith.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find daffodils are a bit hit and miss and the Penrith climate is quite warm. You may need to plant new every year if you want a good display.

      Delete

Post a Comment