Skip to main content

Impatience and patience



I was moaning at the iris, "You should be in flower now like you were at this time last year.  And there's not a bud in sight. Have I done something wrong, like not digging up your clump and dividing it?"

A week later I get back to my garden and what do I find ... the whole clump is flowering.  

And here's another plant. I forgot what it was after I planted it.  This time I was patient. It looked to be growing strong so I left it and watched it. Spring arrived and its flowers came out.  Now I remember it is a wallflower.


I hope you are enjoying spring/autumn in your garden.

Comments

  1. I was given some irises but want to just keep the purple ones as I don’t particularly like the white ones. I have never grown them before but the white ones are now flowering and some of the purple ones flowered during winter. So I think I need to read up on how to grow them. Spring is a lovely time in the garden πŸŒΊπŸŒΈπŸ’ Chel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like all colours of irises, it's a shame I am not close enough to pick up those white ones from you.

      Delete
  2. Lovely flowers, Joan. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The garden is always a pleasure when it 'delivers'.

      Delete
  3. The old saying "patience is a virtue" has meaning for the garden, and your Iris was worth waiting for. Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was reading that some things take 3 years to get a go on. I just don't want to wait that long.

      Delete
  4. Spring joy and surprises! My iris hug the ground and so the beauty is often missed. I have split and replanted but to no avail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks like it is the variety of iris. We had some on our mountain garden that looked more like a clump of grass and flowers used to appear within the clump in winter time.

      Delete

Post a Comment