Skip to main content

Lovely things in the city

 


We were in the city this week so went on an excursion to the Powerhouse Museum to see their new exhibition 1001 Remarkable Objects. There we so many beautiful things on display I could have spent ages but my husband found the dark rooms disorienting because of his eyesight so I had to be satisfied with a quite quick walk through.

From our apartment in Penrith we took a walk to the canal in bright spring sunshine because I was hoping the pear trees lining the canal would be in blossom.  I was not disappointed.


I am now looking forward to the new flowers my country garden will have in store for me when we get home this week.

Comments

  1. Sounds like an interesting exhibit. Love the blossoms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was amazed at the wide range and beauty of the objects. The museum usually only has a fraction these items out on display.

      Delete
  2. We went to the Powerhouse Museum this year and found it fascinating. The Pear tree blossoms look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is an interesting museum since it has lots of mechanical technology displays as well as design which is more about beautiful objects. I love pear blossom because of those little purple dots on the end of their stamen.

      Delete
  3. I hope this exhibition comes to Brisbane. I fully understand your love of the peach blossom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The items are from the museum's own collection in preparation for them moving a large proportion of it to a new space in Parramatta. I doubt that it is a touring collection.

      Delete
  4. Your visit to the Powerhouse sounds wonderful and also the lovely blossom in your garden and hopefully more as the weather warms up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the blossom rolls along from tree to tree as the season warms up. In fact we have been having a very warm start to spring.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. It's hard to pick but I think they are my favourite.

      Delete

Post a Comment