Skip to main content

Camping staycation


My husband's eyesight makes it less safe for him to drive and I refuse to tow the caravan so it is currently grounded at our bush block.  This week we went out and stayed there enjoying a camping experience anyway. 

It was lovely even though it was made quite cold and damp by the arrival of the much awaited rain.  In our shed there is a wood fireplace and fortunately I had gathered plenty of dry firewood before the rain came down.

When we are there it is possible to imagine that the block next door is the sea or a lake and just relax as the sun goes down.







Comments

  1. I couldn't tow a caravan either. The nights are very cool here now after really warm weather a few weeks ago. I am not sure when the cotton sheets will be needed 🤔

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spring is always annoying, hot one minute and cold the next. I have trouble getting bedding right too.

      Delete
  2. So wonderful that you can enjoy the relaxation of camping without the towing. I love the light in both your photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the light the made me run outside and take the photos.

      Delete
  3. I love the light in your photos, Joan! The weather has certainly been changeable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Afternoon light is delicious, especially when there are cloudy skies.

      Delete
  4. We had an onsite caravan once, parked permanently at Kiama on the South Coast. For a few short years we enjoyed it until it became a burden. The Park owners moved us to a site that was not so acceptable so we ended up selling our van to friends of ours who moved it further down the coast.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment