Skip to main content

Health retreat


I chose this image of Wentworth Falls lake because it looks Zen enough to go with this week's book.

A book I have read recently
Liane Moriarty's book Big Little Lies and its television mini series adaption got quite a lot of press in recent times. I have not read or seen either so I so I picked up her latest book  Nine Perfect Strangers to see what she was like.

The blurb says "Could ten days at a health resort really change you forever?".  I have never been to a health resort and am unlikely to do so because yoga, massages and health food are not really my thing -- that doesn't mean I won't enjoy reading about what other people do there.  It turned out to be enjoyable mystery with a variety of interesting characters but I won't feel compelled to add it to my book collection.  I will more probably put it in a street library for someone else to also enjoy.


Comments

  1. That's a good idea. Maybe street libraries are a good idea after all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful moody sky in this shot Joan Elizabeth, did any rain eventuate from those clouds?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The clouds are making rain most of the time here at present.

      Delete
  3. Oh, I'm so with you! Strangers touching me is out of the question. The only massage I had was with a tool for my bad back and even that was a tad too close. A neighbour has had it all and told and I was like... nope.
    Beautiful picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a sore shoulder and had a physiotherapist massage it recently ... I must admit to being very grateful for the results.

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful, moody sky! Nice shot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today the sky has been just plain gray with lots of mountain mist, which creates its own moodiness.

      Delete
  5. Our clouds are looking like this at present, with Cyclone Oma hovering. We will gladly accept and droplets that fall. None so far and everything brown as.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope Oma brings gentle rain and not too much wind. We were hanging out for rain for months so I know the eager anticipation.

      Delete

Post a Comment